TABC Seller Server Training
This course is designed for anyone getting certified to be a Food Handler in the state of Texas or for anyone renewing their TABC License. TABC licenses expire 2 years after the date of certification.Coming Soon
TABC Seller Server Training
This course is designed for anyone getting certified to be a Seller Server in the state of Texas or for anyone renewing their TABC License. TABC licenses expire 2 years after the date of certification.
In order to acquire or renew your TABC License, you must complete 2 hours of training from an accredited program. Our accredited program meets all of the requirement set by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission and is easy and convenient to complete.
Simply register for our course and complete the course anywhere that is convenient for you. You will get 2 attempts to pass the quiz at the end of the course or you will have to restart the entire course.
After completing the course, we will provide you with a printable TABC certificate of completion that is valid for 2 years.The topics covered in this course include:
Violations and Certification
Laws & Penalties
Observing Customers & Minors - Checking IDs
Signs of Intoxication
If you are a manager or team lead, we offer a group purchase option! If you purchase more than one class, you will be given vouchers to distribute to your team. Each team member can redeem the voucher to take the class. You will be able to track your team’s progress in our manager-only view.
If you were given a voucher, you will need to create an account and can redeem your voucher HERE
1. Who must obtain food handler training?
The Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS), under Texas Food Establishment Rules (TFER) §228.33, requires that all food employees must successfully complete an accredited food handler training course, within 60 days of employment.
2. Who is a food employee?
A food employee is an individual working with un-packaged food, food equipment or utensils, or food-contact surfaces, such as kitchen staff, bussers, hostesses, servers, bartenders, bar-backs etc. All food employees will need to be food handler certified.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Bartenders mix drinks and serve them directly to customers or through wait staff.
Chefs and Head Cooks:
- Chefs and head cooks oversee the daily food preparation at restaurants and other places where food is served.
- Cooks prepare, season, and cook a wide range of foods.
Food and Beverage Serving and Related Workers:
- Food and beverage serving and related workers perform a variety of customer service, food preparation, and cleaning duties in eating and drinking establishments.
Food Preparation Workers:
- Food preparation workers perform many routine tasks under the direction of cooks, chefs, or food service managers.
Waiters and Waitresses:
- Waiters and waitresses take orders and serve food and beverages to customers in dining establishments.
3. Who is exempt from food handler training?
The following are exempt from food handler training requirement:
- Certified Food Manager
- Food establishment that only serves pre-packaged items
- Temporary Food Establishment
The following are exempt from food handler training as long as they are supervised by a person who has had either food handler certification through an accredited course or is a Certified Food Manager:
- Individuals with an Intellectual Disability
- Persons in a rehabilitation or correctional facility that work with food or food related items as part of their rehabilitation
- Persons who aid in activities of daily living (ADLs) (such as but not limited to certified nurse assistants, nurses, etc.)
- Persons who distribute pre-portioned food items in settings such as but not limited to classrooms, daycare, and similar facilities.
- Volunteers, those individuals that work with food or food related items but are not employed by the food establishment
4. What is an accredited program?
A food handler education or training program approved by Texas Department of State Health Services (TXDSHS) or by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
5. Is your program an accredited food handling program?
Yes, Food Service Prep has been accredited by the TXDSHS to offer this course.
6. Where can I take your class?
You can register and complete our class from any cell phone, tablet or computer. Take it whenever and wherever it is convenient for you.
7. What will I receive to indicate that I've completed training through an accredited program?
We will email you a TABC Certificate that is valid for 2 years after completion of our program. Additionally, you can log in to your account on FoodServicePrep.com to email your certificate at any time.
8. Where is my Texas Food Handler Card valid?
Food Handler Cards or certificates issued by an accredited program are recognized throughout the state of Texas by regulatory authorities as the valid proof of successful completion of an accredited food handler education or training program under Texas Health and Safety Code.
9. The Texas Food Establishment Rules require specific training for bare hand contact of ready-to-eat foods. Does your program meet this training requirement?
Yes, our program is accredited by the TXDHS and includes training for bare hand contact of ready-to-eat foods.
10. How long is my food handler card or certificate valid?
The food handler certificate is valid for 2 years after completing the program. The completion date will be listed on the certificate.
For more information about the food handler requirement in Texas, please visit the TXDSHS food handlers website HERE.
Group Purchase FAQs
1. How does group purchase work?
If you purchase more than one course at a time, you will be registered as a manager and be provided with voucher codes for each course you purchase. You will then be able to login and download the voucher codes to give to your team. We have made it easy to copy them to clip board, or export to excel. Your team members will then be able to create an account and use the voucher codes to purchase the classes. When you login as a manager, you will be able to see the progress of your entire team.
2. How do I use my Voucher code?
Make sure you are logged in, then click the button above or go HERE.
3. How does your group purchase program benefit me?
By using our group purchase program you will be able to track all of your team's progress in one place with our manager-only report. Also, enjoy up to 20% savings.
If you have additional questions, please give us a call at 1-800-712-1707 or send us an email at email@example.com
Simply register, purchase your course, and complete. All of our courses are structured in an easy to follow format.
Take your course anytime, anywhere. Our website is available 24/7 for you to complete your course.
Purchasing continuing education for your employees? We offer discounts starting with purchases of just 5 courses.
A copy of the certificate of completion will be emailed to you immediately upon completion of the course.
Good in all Texas counties for two years.
We strive for excellence in customer service: if you are not 100% satisfied with our services, we will provide you with a refund.
You can register with an email address and a password. We may ask for more information after you purchase a course.Register Now
Got questions? We are here to help.